Monday, May 11, 2009

Talking to Plants

On the back of my car, I have vinyl lettering on the windshield spelling out my website http://www.thevoiceoflife.com/. Today, one of my students at the college where I work part time asked me what that meant. I explained to him that I work with sound for healing. As usually happens when I answer that question, I got a blank stare and then a strained attempt at relating to what I had just shared. People often try to understand sound healing as they understand any kind of western approach to health. "Oh, so it's like eating foods that are good for an illness?" Yes, I said. Only one uses the voice instead of the food for the health effect. I said working with sound in this way was my passion.

As the student was leaving for the day, he turned to me and said, "Now I am going to spend time in my passion." He explained that he works with a friend to tend a garden. He went on to describe how he and his friend have divided the garden in half. They both talk to and give lots of attention to the left side while the right side, they just tend without involvement. On the left side, they touch the plants with their bare hands while on the right, they wear gloves. He said, "You know, that left side is doing so much better than the right. Those plants like to be talked to!"

"Exactly!" I said. "So you do understand sound healing!"

Plants don't speak English or French or any other language save one. They speak the langauge of the soul. They respond to the vibration of intent. When we speak to our plants with loving, compassionate words, they feel that energy, and they respond. It isn't much different for us. We too respond much more to the energy behind the words rather than the words themselves. We too grow and trust and open when we receive the kind attention of others, be it a smile, a thoughtful word, or a simple "ungloved" touch. And that is just the beginning.

No comments: