Sunday, January 4, 2009

Love

Love is all you need.
Love is the answer.
Live and Love.

"I love you." "If you loved me, you would..." "I love chocolate." "I don't know how to love." "Do you love me?" "I'll never love this way again." "Love your neighbor as yourself." "Love me forever and ever."

Love. A tiny word with a lot of muck covering up its power. I am so happy that I don't understand Love, for if I did, I'm sure I would have nothing but a sorry fragment of "it" that I convinced myself was "it". Love is so much more than anything and everything. It is everywhere, in everyone, and in everything. But when we insist on defining it, Love naturally gets a bad wrap. It becomes corny, pithy, overused, false, or too serious. But our ability to salvage Love, to mine it from the pile of poo it is buried in, to shine it up and share it, that is our salvation. What if we became boundless vessels of Love, unafraid in every moment to be it...not just feel it? What if our Love was so great that nothing but Love could exist in our presence? What if we stopped defining Love and instead, we let it be?

No comments: